Applications Engineer / Pre Sales Engineer
Polar Graphics are looking for an Applications Engineer/Pre Sales Engineer to support our specialist products and to communicate with our OEM customers and suppliers. The position is varied and will involve occasional visits overseas, both in Europe and further afield.
The job will involve an understanding of programming in C++ so that the applicant can communicate with our main OEM customers when working with the SDK. However, a good understanding of Video formats and applications would also be very useful.
The applicant needs to have a good telephone manner and good use of the English language and communication skills. They should also be prepared to travel and meet with customers both in the UK and overseas.
The candidate will generally be based at our offices in Pinner.
The main products they would be supporting would be video capture/replay cards (including SDK support on the same). Shared storage (SAN/NAS) and Archiving product (LTO/LTFS) but may also include other products in our range
The applicant should have a good understanding of the following:-
- Needs to have worked with Mac and PC. (Linux would be a plus)
- An understanding of coding in C, C++, Python and VB
- An understanding of Ethernet protocols and IP addresses
- An understanding of Avid, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut
- An understanding of Video formats and applications
Also useful would be:-
- An understanding of Raid cards, Raid arrays, Host buss adaptors, Shared Storage and archiving using LTO/LTFS, fibre channel and Ethernet structures and video formats using SD/HD-SDI over BNC and IP
Salary is dependent upon Age and experience
- E-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org