Polar Graphics are looking for an Applications Engineer to support our specialist products and to communicate with our OEM customers and suppliers. The position is varied and will involve occasional visits overseas, both in Europe and further afield .
The job will involve an understanding of programming in C++ so they can communicate with our main OEM customers when working with the SDK. However, a good understanding of Video formats and applications is also necessary.
The applicant must be prepared to travel and meet with customers.
Because of the necessity to support customers both by phone, email and face to face and also the need from time to time to attend meals and events with customers the applicant needs to have a good telephone manner and good use of the English language, communication skills and people skills.
The candidate will generally be based at our offices in Pinner
The main products they would be supporting would be video capture/replay cards (including SDK support on the same). Shared storage (SAN/NAS) and Archiving product (LTO/LTFS)
The following is a guide of what we would be looking for the applicant to be able to do:-
- Needs to have worked with Mac and PC. (Linux would be a plus)
- An understanding of coding in C, C++, Python and VB
- An understanding of Ethernet protocols and IP addresses
- An understanding of Avid, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut
- An understanding of Raid cards, Raid arrays, Host buss adaptors
- An understanding of Shared Storage and Archiving using LTO/LTFS
- Fibre channel and Ethernet structures
- Video formats using SD/HD-SDI over BNC and IP
The following would also be very useful experience:
- Broadcast machine room experience
- Interrogating systems using TeamViewer
- An understanding of Video Streaming techniques and AV CODECS
Salary is dependent upon Age and experience.